AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Just a friendly warning for anyone using CFL style bulbs.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

IowaMark
Posted 1/13/2021 08:58 (#8747532 - in reply to #8747394)
Subject: RE: Just a friendly warning for anyone using CFL style bulbs.

NW Iowa. / SW Arizona
Kooiker - 1/13/2021 08:16

If I could still get 4 packs of 100w incandescent bulbs for $1.00, my hog buildings would still have 100% incandescent bulbs.   CFL's and LED's may save electric but they don't last long enough to offset their higher purchase price.   Sometimes I wonder if they even last any longer than the old 100w bulbs did in the harsh environment of a hog barn.    I replaced a 100w incandescent bulb in a finisher the other day.  It would be interesting to know how long it had been in there as I haven't put any of those in in several years.

I agree with you these low 10W lumens will not put out the same lumens as a 60W incandescent bulb. For my usage down here they are all the outside of my house so I don’t really care. Normally I don’t buy anything that isn’t equivalent to a 100W bulb. I’m with you get rid of all these LED-CFL bulbs and let’s go back to the incandescent bulbs. I know for a fact I have some 20+ year old 100W incandescent bulls yet in my hog confinement buildings. Granted they don’t run a lot everyday but they still work. I’ve never seen or heard of any of that style causing a fire.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)