AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Buying a computer online
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Eric from Canada
Posted 1/13/2021 07:45 (#8747304 - in reply to #8727566)
Subject: RE: Buying a computer online

Quebec, Canada
All of the prebuilt systems will come ready to roll with the programs you need to get started, and then a bunch of programs tacked on that do nothing but slow down your system.

I used to use a program called PC Decrapifier, it would find all the free trials of games and programs that you will never use and helps you uninstall them. Sadly that program isn’t available anymore. I have heard good things about Revo Uninstaller which is supposed to be similar but I have not used myself.

Personally I prefer desktops with monitors because they are easier to open up to upgrade RAM or storage device in the future, plus if ever I have monitor trouble I don’t have to Change the whole computer. My wife prefers the All-in-one style because is keeps the office area cleaner and has fewer plugs and wires going everywhere.

As far as specs go a solid state drive (SSD) will get you much faster performance than the older hard drive storage (windows loads in about 10 seconds with SSD vs up to 30 seconds with hard drive) but cost more to get the same size storage. 8 gb of ram will probably be enough for you, especially if you are just browsing the internet and storing photos.

I’ve found my Dell computers to be well put together and durable, but their phone support is horrific.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)