AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to get more sprayed. Bigger tank or bigger boom?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

nebfarmer
Posted 12/27/2020 14:19 (#8701127 - in reply to #8700981)
Subject: RE: How to get more sprayed. Bigger tank or bigger boom?

SE Nebraska, Near Misery and Cans Ass!
jd4930 - 12/27/2020 13:15

nebfarmer - 12/27/2020 12:35

Shifting to hotmix increased our acres per day by 35% and reduced headaches by half!

There had to be other limiting factors? I will guarantee that hotmixes would not gain us 35%, in fact I don't think we would gain10%? We have 3" plumbing, 2" suction from totes with scales and 2" suction from our cone, can mix and fill 1200 gallons in 7 minutes or less, hotmixes would not gain us much, 2-3 minutes tops per fill and that might be a stretch?

For us switching too hot mix means no running 2 to 3 mi to where the truck is parked. Between the hunting for the tender trailer and the fiddling usually managed to kill a half hour at the best and use a little bit more. It means never running out of any ingredients in the field and never having a shuttle pump or transfer pump that won't run or is that of gas or something like that. The operator, my son-in-law, says at the end of the day he's only half as tired. That's him walk around the sprayer take a look at things And maybe do some stretching exercises during the 5 minutes it takes me to pump his load on. Most fields for us are a load or less so the tender truck is never where you need it.

Edited by nebfarmer 12/27/2020 14:22
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)