Posted 12/22/2020 07:01 (#8688833 - in reply to #8686160) Subject: RE: Buying a Domain
TheGleaner - 12/21/2020 01:46
The problem is that it is listed as an auction/open for bids on GD only it seems...unless I want to pay other sites a fee to go bid on GD for me, or that's what I got out of two different registrars.
The domain itself...is in an interesting place currently(company merged with another and they are rebranding as another name, I did make sure that they are selling the domain and it's not a scam)
You do have the option of just waiting.
After non-payment of the registration fee there is a period of time that nothing happens.
(Dunno exactly what that time length is - - - sorry!)
Then the domain is back on the market for the 'normal' fee.
Now if you want that domain a lot - - - - well - - - you get to pay for it.
If you do get it the first thing I would do would be to move it from GD's empire!!