AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Unwanted Emails
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

Aussy Harold
Posted 12/11/2020 22:52 (#8663076 - in reply to #8662122)
Subject: RE: Unwanted Emails

North East Wimmera district of Victoria.

Hi Paul and others!

A few years ago someone offering all sorts of things and services that a 70 year old , 45 yrs married, does not require, was bombarding my email account. Probably more than one 'someone'!  I've also heard that clicking unsubscribe just confirms you are "live".

I discovered "Mailwasher" - a program that lets you vet emails before you download them from your server.

My limited understanding is that  - in the eyes of the unwanted sender - your email address has 'bounced' their email.  Costs a few $'s - but worth it!

Bounce a few times, and most figure that you have changed email address, and quit!

Funny story re mobile [cell] phones and wrong numbers, from maybe 10 years ago.  Phone rings, I answer "G'day!" [ Don't know the callers number!] -  "Can I speak to Abigail please"  - "No Abigail here - just me, a farmer!"  - "Quit mucking around and put Abigail on!"    - " Mate, I reckon you've got the wrong number!"  - [He reels off my number - obvious, 'cause he'd just rung me!]  - "Where did you get that?"   -  "From a sex advert in the paper! - Now put Abigail on!" 

I tried again to tell him he had the number wrong, but I don't think he was convinced!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)