AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cows-n-crops
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

O.u.and.direct
Posted 12/2/2020 18:33 (#8640603 - in reply to #8639941)
Subject: RE: Cows-n-crops

Southwest Missouri
cows-n-crops - 12/2/2020 12:41

Apparently the pain meds at the hospital are super duper compared to what they send home with you!!! Lol

The incision cut from under the belly button to the right side was the most painful at first. Now the hip pain and the knee pain (from the pin drilled through for traction) is greater than the incision pain.

Trying to slowly work off the pain meds. Go back on the 9th for check up and x-ray to make sure it is healing correctly.

Walking with a walker or crutches. Stay in a lazy boy chair for the most part. Tried to sleep in a bed last night and it was too painful so only lasted a couple hours before going back to the chair. I seem to need to sleep a lot off and on throughout the day.

Couple days ago was probably the lowest point. In pain, depressed, and unable to do anything. Not much grass has ever grown under my feet until now. It is pretty hard to sit here and let other people

do my work. I'm very Thankful and Grateful! But still a tough pill to swallow. Focus on the big picture and glad I'm not paralyzed for life or confined to a wheel chair. I should heel and walk again. God has given me a second chance!

The two younger kids can climb up on my left side of lap and I help them do their school reading. That time is more cherished now than ever.

I'm still amazed/overwhelmed at the community support. Prayers, cards, calls, texts, food, etc. Couple good friends took the bull by the horn to get harvest done. They are down to the short rows. I think there was 9 combines running yesterday. Trucks from all over. I can't put to words those feelings/emotions. Thank you everyone!

Thank you NAT family too. Emails and prayers from complete strangers. Well not really strangers thanks to NAT. What an awesome site this is. I wanted to post before now but really wasn't up to it. Hopefully each day gets better.

Again, Thanks and God Bless!!!

Wow! That awesome there! Good neighbor’s. IMO that’s fun there when lots of people and equipment running! Get well soon!

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)