AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Inforce 3 at birth.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Kel1306
Posted 12/1/2020 11:11 (#8637433)
Subject: Inforce 3 at birth.

Wyoming
I would like to hear some thoughts from guys using Inforce 3 at birth. The last few years we have been fighting a respretory bug in calves coming back off of summer grass. Usuall protocall is to watch them when they are back and hit those that show any signs of illness with either Draxin/Prevail or Resflor Gold. At one time it was two or three before we weaned, now its more like 20 - 25. I'm sure weather conditions dictate some of this.

I'm wondering about hitting calves when one to three days old with a dose of Inforce 3. I give Scour Gaurd when they hit the ground, and then Seven way when I tag at a couple days of age. I could give a dose of Inforce 3 also. We calve from Mid april to Late June, then cows go to grass Mid june. I don't really have a means of treating while they are on grass ( unless they are down). They come home early to mid November.

I guess what I'm getting at, is can I expect to see any benifit from the Inforce at birth. I was hoping that maybe I could get some relief until I wean in mid december.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. It's not like the vaccine is that expensive.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)