AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Pitted hog slats - Altenberg vs. Northern Lakes slat coating?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

chirpfarm
Posted 11/29/2020 16:31 (#8633053)
Subject: Pitted hog slats - Altenberg vs. Northern Lakes slat coating?

South Central MN
My hog barn slats are 3 years old, and have pitting probably 1/2" deep right at the edge of the slat mats. I wish I'd have known more when I built the barn, or I would have put a top coat around the feeders to begin with and never used those worthless slat mats. Anyways. My slats are not in any immediate danger of failure, but I've had enough concrete problems in this barn that I want to stay on top of it before it become an issue. My slats are in roughly the same condition that my father in law's 30 year old slats are, which speaks more to the quality of his slats than it does the condition of mine.

I've had Northern Lakes come out to check it out and they were quoting $220-$250/feeder to put a border of their product around the mat. Altenberg has not been out yet. Northern Lakes warranties their product for the life of the slat, while Altenberg's is only 8 years. Does anyone on here have any experience with these coatings. I'm only going to get a day or two to get the job done before the barn is filled again, so will be hiring a crew to get it done quickly instead of doing it myself.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)