AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Disgusting
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 12/1/2020 07:34 (#8636999 - in reply to #8629485)
Subject: one way to adjust

Pittsburg, Kansas

When I was first diagnosed as diabetic (a half lifetime ago) I was addicted to soda pop, Pepsi at that time. What I did to wean off it, because I hated the taste of diet, was to mix the regular soda half and half with diet. after about three weeks I switched totally over to diet. Within a year if I drank any regular soda the sugar sweetened soda tasted bad. Left a sour aftertaste in my mouth after finish drinking it. I don't drink either now, but my point in telling this is that taste buds do change over time. They adjust to what a person is drinking or eating.

With that background I'll get to the point. Just watched a video by Dr Berry this morning who suggested for people wanting to wean off diet soda mix it half and half with plain soda water. That cuts half of the sweetener consumption. Then after a period of time reduce the amount of the diet soda in the mix till a person likes the taste of just the soda water.

I thought that sounded like a great way of doing it as it had worked for me weaning off regular soda.

John

Edited by John Burns 12/1/2020 07:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)