AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Russ, your Mormon neighbors are after over 400,000 acres here.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Russ In Idaho
Posted 11/23/2020 01:53 (#8617613 - in reply to #8617422)
Subject: RE: Russ, your Mormon neighbors are after over 400,000 acres here.

“These are the times that try men's souls.”
ntex, I hate to see this happen, however they have the money. More money than the Catholic church, they can do as they wish and jack prices up until they get something bought. There is two sides of their organization, the ecclesiastical and the for profit businesses. I have heartburn with their agricultural side. They are land developers with a master plan to keep something into agriculture until it can be traded or developed.

My opinion is that the greater number of their membership don't have a clue of all their holdings. Myself and a lot of people in my area don't agree with their business model. But that's what's great with a free country, anyone can build an empire. However my opinion is they have done it on members pocketbooks. Really tough for me to support them when knowing they can cut my throat any day of the week. It's caused a riff in my family because of this, really try and not bring it up at the dinner table.

You know ntex my neighbor and I just had this discussion last Saturday about losing family names in the valley. People name's that homesteaded over 140 years ago are almost gone. It's sad in my opinion, we only have three outfits that have the fifth generations running them. My family is one of them. That was my discussion with the neighbor, when his boss dies(the matriarch) of another ranch it will be sold forever out of their names. None of her sons took it over, and the daughters will just sell it. The man running it is too old to take it over, its sad.

So the only thing I can do is honor those past owners by keeping the farm places named after them. Trying to pass a little heritage down to the next generations with all the stories told to me, the memories we have made on those places. On one of my son's place I would like to build a archway over corral gate and make metal signs with the old brands from previous owners and weld them to arch. At least not let those brands be forgot, so hopefully the names can continue on in our stories and memory's.

I told neighbor I wonder how long before my family name is gone from the valley? That bothers me more than all the current political unrest, the corona virus, every other fight we are fighting daily. How long will my family be here?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)