AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Treat my wheat seed or not?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Buehler
Posted 10/29/2020 22:44 (#8575146 - in reply to #8575054)
Subject: RE: Treat my wheat seed or not?

Scott City KS
SuperBoll - 10/29/2020 21:09

We start early. September 15th to October 1st for grazing wheat. No rotation. Conventional tillage. Our next go-round runs from Nov 1st to about Christmas. This is rotated ground following cotton. Strip-tillage. Earlier is almost always better. I did a 1/2 section last year half and half, treated and not. Couldn’t tell a difference on the yield maps. We usually make 20-30 bushels, so our budget is small. Decent weather will do 40. Good weather has made 50 bushel wheat in recent years.

If you're in the 20-40 range I'd probably cut it. Do you ever have stripe rust? If you're going to apply a product every year regardless, $3 of Tebuchonizol at flagleaf will probably net you more bushels than treated. At least up here. But there are guys that treat every bushel...I'm open to being wrong.

On your grazing wheat, are you taking it to harvest after the cows come off? And am I reading it right that it is continuous wheat? If you're taking it to yield, I'd run some test strips in the continuous. If you're just grazing it out I definitely would not treat it.

Edited by Buehler 10/29/2020 22:44
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)