AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

What percentage of crops harvested?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Fattires
Posted 10/29/2020 20:32 (#8574790 - in reply to #8574351)
Subject: RE: What percentage of crops harvested?

SW Ohio
W Bench Farms - 10/29/2020 18:44

We're in the same boat. Planned on starting to shell some corn on Tuesday, was still 22-23%. This was 107 day planted May 12-13. I picked a couple acres and put in the crib that was 22%, but figured it would dry there.

What's your game plan? Think we're going to get a lot more drying?

Game plan is to go like crazy on the rest of the beans as soon as it gets dry enough next week. Then I'll see where the corn is at, I'm hoping to get it to 20% in the field then use a couple of small, old bins that have pretty good sized fans and stirrators. Looking to figure out why one stirrator isn't working here while it's still wet. Both bins have burners but they have been unhooked and unused for probably 30yrs so I'm looking at my options there.
This is only my second year raising corn so I'm learning a lot as I go.
Last year same corn planted one week earlier than this year was shelled at 16% in the middle of October so I was figuring it would be dry this year too. On the positive the yields are looking like they will be better than last year.
I guess adding a bin and a small dryer are pretty high on the priority list for future upgrades.
Calling for temps in the middle to upper 60s next week with sun so hopefully that will do some good.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)