AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powering off a EZ 500 with EZ steer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

iafarmerken
Posted 4/13/2009 02:04 (#678474 - in reply to #678135)
Subject: Re: Powering off a EZ 500 with EZ steer

Western Iowa
First thing they tell you in this forum is cut the cig. lighter plug off and hard wire it to the battery to avoid power supply problems. It's hard to believe that trimble or ag leader or whoever didn't test the the d**n thing in real life working conditions and never saw this problem. And if they did know about this problem and still stuck to the plug then I would be very disappointed in their leadership.

OK that being said, had to cut my new from factory plug off and run wires through the cab floor and to my battery. I put 2 fuses (one on the pos and one on neg) inline and a mini connector. Now when I power down, I have to reach over pull to wires apart and tuck them away so I can find them when I power up. Every time I do this I think "Man would a switch or button on this stupid thing be nice".

Most monitors out there have a switch. My planter monitor has one, my sprayer monitor has one, my raven controller has one, my radio has one, my cell phone has one. In the end isn't it wise to listen to your customer and give them a on/off button? Everyone I talk to that has a ez500 wishes it had an on/off button.

I think that we will all agree that the ez500/steer should have come from the factory with a kit to hook up to the battery with on/off switch as standard equipment. Not because it is a safer shut down but because it was more convenient for the user. In the end, I consider customer satisfaction "fail safe"

Edited by iafarmerken 4/13/2009 02:52
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)