AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Spraying with Planter
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 10/15/2020 06:36 (#8546646 - in reply to #8546511)
Subject: RE: Spraying with Planter

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I am doing what you desire with my InCommand 1200. Prior to the InCommand 1200 I did many similar things with my older Insight and then an Integra for a while.

In my case, I am using the InCommand 1200 for several things while planting 1) steers the tractor 2) monitors the seed 3) controls the seed sections 4) monitors but does not control liquid starter fertilizer 4) monitors and controls pre emerge spray 5) monitors down pressure but does not control it on certain rows.

Each of these activities are being done at the same time and the InCommand handles them smoothly. I don't but could also have the InCommand control the seed rate. I'm old fashioned in that respect and still use ground drive.

To handle the auto steer, a SteerCommand module is used and mounted in the tractor beside the seat. In my tractor it works through the Deere's tractor CAN system to steer it.

To monitor the seed population I use Ag Leaders Seed Tube Monitoring Module. (STTM). This is mounted on the rear of my Deere 1770 planter and uses the original wiring and sensors.

To control the seed sections I use the Ag Leader Clutch Control Module. This controls Ag Leader's SureVacs as 12-2 row sections.

To monitor my starter fertilizer (not control it), I use a Raven RFM 15 flow meter in the fertilizer line connected to Ag Leader's Application Rate Control Module which is also mounted on the rear of the planter.

To monitor and control the pre emerge spray system, I use another Raven RFM 15 flow meter, Raven control valve and TeeJet sections valve with Ag Leader's Liquid Product Control Module. It too is mounted on the rear of the planter. This handles all aspects of spraying (really the same as a separate sprayer) including section control. Not this section control is separate from the seed section control and each acts independently. I have the seed as 12-2 row sections but the spray in 4-6 row sections.

To monitor my down force, I use weigh bars on 6 rows connected to an Ag Leader ISO module for that purpose. This has not been worth the money.

Should I wish to control the rate of seed, I could but don't use Ag Leader's Hydraulic Planter Drive module.

It might seem terribly complicated to have all this going on at the same time but it works very well.

Since you are already set up for spraying with the InCmmand and a 3 pt sprayer, you could move that Liquid Module to the planting setup. The InCommand would need the Multi-product inlock. This allows you to setup a configuration involving more than one product. Without it you can only create configurations that use one product at a time. With the unlock you can create more complex set ups that allow 2 or 3 seed products at the same time for split planting and/or a variety of chemical or fertilizer products.

In my case I am presented with product boxes on the screen for left seed, right seed, starter fertilizer and a spray product. Even more products would be possible.

You ask about using the spray sections with the Suredrives. Normally the answer is no as the seed and spray each live in their own separate worlds although they are both being done on the same rig at the same time.

As far as switches, you have many choices. If you are using the Ag Leader 10 boom type switch box, you can assign the switches to work with about whatever you can think of or want. I have mine configured as follows: Master controls everything ON/OFF. Section switches 1-4. Switch 1 controls seed clutches for rows 1-6 and spray valve 1, Switch 2 controls seed clutches for rows 7-12 and spray valve 2, Switches 3 controls seed clutches 13-18 and spray valve 3, Switch 4 controls seed clutches for rows 19-24 and spray valve 4. Note this is for partial manual control. With auto swath my seed sections automatically go ON/OFF ins 2 row sections. My spray sections go ON/OFF in 6 row sections. I also have switch 10 as a product control switch which would allow me to shut off all the spray if desired.

In normal situations, all these switches are ON and although I could, I very rarely intervene to shut off certain things manually.

You ask about using the Ag Leader switch box for manually shutting off the seed and spray for a row but by using the same switch. Yes, that would be possible although that would require a spray ON/OFF valve for each row. In other words, the seed and spray control are separate but a switch can be assigned to do more than one thing. Most anything like this is possible and sometimes just boils down to what you are willing to spend.

Edited by tedbear 10/15/2020 06:41
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)