AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deer crop damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

WAYNE0224
Posted 10/4/2020 16:13 (#8529720 - in reply to #8529567)
Subject: RE: Deer crop damage

west central ohio
Dan Loehr - 10/4/2020 15:07

Need to take troubles into your own hands
Buy a Ruger 10-22 or a 17 caliber bolt action (quiet) buy FMJ bullets --hollow points will not penetrate a deer skin unless you are close
GUT shoot the POS-they will run off and die NOT by the road -go out most every night at dusk-don't pick them up thats when you will get busted
NO ONE will help you Not the DNR--NO federal agency- Not any hunter (most are head hunters)

NO farmer should have to do what I suggested BUT it's the only way to get the job done most times--the government is not there to help--you are mostly on your own
We have fought deer damage for over 40 years--WISH I had a better solution

Dan

Had to add need to kill about 3X the amount of deer you expect to kill--Deer are prolific at multipling
Don't know how big an area you are talking about BUT expect to kill at least 500- 600 deer yearly before you make some progress--do not shoot any deer with horns

^^^^^ This is the absolute truth. I had the ODNR out to help me with deer damage. After talking myself blue in the face, and hearing every possible thing that dosent point to the deer as the cause of damage. I said to myself, that was the first and last time to try to play fair. They want/need the revenue from hunting plain and simple. It dose not matter what it cost you, as long as the state livestock is appealing to the hunters. That is all that matters. So Game On. Now they will have to keep me from killing way more than just a few.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)