AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Deer crop damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

AR Plowboy
Posted 10/4/2020 10:04 (#8529182)
Subject: Deer crop damage

East Central Arkansas

Have a lot of damage from deer this year. Spring floods and high water on up in the summer months have really pushed them out on our crop land. The last two pictures will show what happens when they completely eat a crop up. These picture are from two small dryland fields that lay end to end. They are only ten ac combined together. They are somewhat difficult to farm and I really have to watch what I am doing to keep from overlapping our pre chemicals whiles spraying. The last two pictures are of the back field that after spraying with Liberty I probably only went back there once after spraying to see what kind of job it did. Still had a crop then and beans should have had enough growth to hold the weeds and grasses back. We actually had enough rain this year we should have had a decent crop. These fields had a good rate of Zidua just before planting. I didn't use the Fierce I use on the rest of the farm because of the concern of overlapping in these fields. Even in the first picture of the first field the continued grazing of the deer allowed the teaweeds to really break through.

(201003_002 (full).jpg)

(201003_004 (full).jpg)

(201003_003 (full).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 201003_002 (full).jpg (173KB - 439 downloads)
Attachments 201003_004 (full).jpg (161KB - 278 downloads)
Attachments 201003_003 (full).jpg (144KB - 268 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)