AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gallbladder, or something else?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

roush9799
Posted 10/4/2020 02:47 (#8528723)
Subject: Gallbladder, or something else?

West Central IL

Anyone have a gallbladder attack?  I went to Florida the first week of August.  Had a pain when I got there that lasted about 3 hours or so.  Didn't know what it was thought is was bad heartburn.  Was really gassy though burping a lot.  Took some gas meds and a prilosec.  Went away that night completely and no more complications.   Last weekend I had the same thing happen, only this time it came about in my sleep.  Woke up with the same pain.  Did some research and symptoms seem to point to gallbladder.  Gas, sharp pain below rib cage on right side and pain goes around to my back.  The pain is either there or not at all no in between.  I have now had this pain 2 more times this week.  Seems like when I eat before bed is the worse, but getting in late and eating then going to bed is common this time of year.  One other common thing I can link is that I sat in a car for 2 days driving to Florida, and now I've been sitting in a tractor for about 2 weeks most of the time.  Plan on going to the Dr next week after tonight's pain.  Only thing I can't figure after reading what helps with the pain is that taking a Prilosec seems to make the pain go away within an hour of taking it.  No one else mentions it, normally takes Tylenol or Tylenol 3 for pain until they can get it removed.  I recall one other time I had a slight pain in under my right rib cage, was about the same time of year, and happened after being in a tractor for a couple weeks.  Wasn't severe, just a dull pain that went away on it's own in a couple days.  I did have a pretty good case of acid reflux in the past before I started taking nexium, then priloselc.  I would take the 14 day dose, then the 3 months off and repeated that a few times.  After that I no longer needed any meds and my heartburn/reflux never came back.  I used to have trouble swallowing at times when I had the reflux problem but that's all gone now.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)