AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Almost ready for Arizona
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Up Nort
Posted 10/1/2020 16:02 (#8524744 - in reply to #8524665)
Subject: RE: Almost ready for Arizona

It was really a spur of the moment purchase. The coupon showed up in the email on the 22nd of September, and expired on the 30th. I called down to Abernathy's, and they had some 2021 XP1000s, but no Pro XPs. It seems that inventory is really short everywhere right now. Polaris had been shutdown, and when they came back online their supply base was messed up and they are out of parts. I figure that I can run this for a year or two, and then upgrade to a Pro XP. The RZRs are so pricey in AZ that I can probably sell this one in the spring for what I paid for it.

We have a place near Sun City, but are looking to buy a house in Sun City West. All I need to find is a garage with 8' doors on it so that I can back the trailer in with the RZR on top. There is a group in the park that goes out two or three times a week, and there is another group in Sun City West/Grand that goes out once a week. Mostly within 60 miles of that area.

I used plain old gun grease on the wheel bearings. The same Poly Urea (I think) that we use on all the planter bearings and such. These are low speed bearings, and it looks like the Chinese were saving money by putting less beef tallow in the bearings. (At least that was my experience the last time I got tangled up with 'cost improved' Chinese bearings.) You don't want to overfill them and blow out the shields, but having them full of grease seems better than having very little grease in them. I bought the greasing tool where you can grease the bearing without having to remove the spindles. It works pretty slick. If we cross paths sometime we can grease yours!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)