AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Vermeer bearing ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rancherman
Posted 9/28/2020 18:46 (#8520124 - in reply to #8519706)
Subject: RE: Vermeer bearing ?

I've chiseled out the  sheild,   then  torched out the balls...the whole  insert  comes out...(torch both ends cuz that 'insert' goes all the way  through)    then    weld  inside the outer  race to shrink, and they'll fall right out.      This was  on a  20 YO  Vermeer baler  that  rust  pretty much  made slide hammer  ineffective.    I pretty much  torch every these days,  just to preserve  parts  from being distorted destroyed  from wailing  on something..

for whatever reason you think you need to  pound on the  far end,  screw a  waste bolt in the end you are going to pound on.. and  make sure the head is  bottomed out on the shaft.       You don't want to mushroom the end of the shaft, or mess up the threads. 

Press or  pound  from the far end,   drives  the  SHAFT   out,  far bearing  included.    Then    you can  either  torch/  or  back  pound  with a  scrap piece of  rod to knock out the  near bearing.  

Reassemble is reverse.   press a  bearing onto the shaft,  then  press  the  bearing into the roller.  flip over and  with  shaft  against  a  heavy wood block,   tap the new bearing  onto the shaft and into the  roller bore  at the same time.   I usually do it  vertical  with a helper holding it upright.

Edited by rancherman 9/28/2020 19:29
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)