AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little dog gone, and a hole in my heart.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

bshannon
Posted 9/21/2020 15:07 (#8507898)
Subject: A little dog gone, and a hole in my heart.

I have to speak to someone about how I feel, and I don't have anyone to talk to. It was a tough enough day, remembering the anniversary of John's death, and this morning I could see my little Bichon had reached the end of the line. I've cried my eyes out all day, but still just have to put my feelings in words, whether anyone listens or not.

He was just a dog; so why have I soaked through 4 hankies already today, after I had to make the decision to put Snuggles down? I don't have anyone to cry to, so anyone out there that will listen, or read this, I'm pouring my heart out.

After John died 10 years ago today, I knew my 2 old mutts weren't going to make it much longer. I was so alone and lonesome, and I found this perfect little Bichon named Lacey. She got me through some rough times, but 5 years later something caught her eye and she ran on the road where she was killed. I was devastated, my border collie Jack even more so, and I decided to get another Bichon.

What the shelters wanted around here was beyond my means, and then I came across a pair of rescue Bichons in Illinois; Snuggles and Cuddles. They came with a history and Cuddles was a bit hesitant about me at first, but Snuggles saw me and it was love at first sight. He was my pal and protector. That was how he ended up in rescue to begin with. Somebody abused his mistress, kicked Cuddles, and Snuggles hauled off and bit him! It soon became evident it was a large guy with a beard, as he had no time for such people. I couldn't trust him around guys in general, but that was ok as I don't get that many visitors.

He got into more trouble and mischief than dogs three times his size and had the heart of a little lion. A year ago I noticed he started peeing on the floor and soon realized he was sick. Found out he was diabetic and after getting even sicker, was also diagnosed with Cushings disease. The poor little guy went blind overnight, but it didn't stop him... He still loved to go for rides and would bark at anybody who came here.

But the last month or so, he's lost so much weight and this morning started "talking" to me; whimpering and crying like when he got sick before. He wouldn't eat, and he LOVED his food, he couldn't keep water down and I knew this was the end. Work could wait and I held and petted him most of the day until the vet came and put him to sleep. Now he's free from the shots he hated and can run and see and play up in heaven, but the hole in my heart left by his passing will never completely heal.

RIP little guy, I'll always remember you Snuggles.

Edited by bshannon 9/21/2020 15:07

(IMG_2013 (full).JPG)

(IMG_7588 (full).JPG)

(IMG_1968 (full).JPG)

(IMG_1993 (full).JPG)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments IMG_2013 (full).JPG (138KB - 541 downloads)
Attachments IMG_7588 (full).JPG (163KB - 475 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1968 (full).JPG (102KB - 551 downloads)
Attachments IMG_1993 (full).JPG (117KB - 640 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)