AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

A little dog gone, and a hole in my heart.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Red/Green
Posted 9/21/2020 18:21 (#8508134 - in reply to #8508082)
Subject: RE: A little dog gone, and a hole in my heart.

Elizabethtown,KY
Barb, you have every right to be feeling sad and hurting, I went through the agony of putting my 12 year old Collie named Beau down when he became unable to get up and down in his hind parts from arthritis. We got him when he was 5 weeks old and he was by far the smartest dog I ever had, it was unreal how many words he knew the meaning of. One night while the wife and kids were Christmas shopping I taught him to count, either by holding up fingers or telling him a number between one and ten. We also had a Sugar Bear (Post Toasties character) ornament that we hung on the bottom of the tree, when you squeezed it it played a little song, I taught him to kiss it. He would go over and kiss whether it was playing it's tune or not.
I took him to the vet and he came out to my pickup and gave him the shot while I held his head and stroked him, I don't mind telling you that this 6'4" guy cried like a baby, a neighbor took his backhoe and dug the grave for me. I'm tearing up this typing this and this was back in 2007 when Violet was a baby...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)