AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lightning Damage
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

del8000
Posted 9/24/2020 10:46 (#8512846 - in reply to #8505977)
Subject: RE: Lightning Damage

SE NE

Get ready for the gremlins to start showing up now too...  we has a strike at our church last year.  I thought I found everything that was hit which included our media PC (motherboard), the UPS "protecting" it, USB audio input, routers, answering machines, exit lights and a few other things I'm probably forgetting.  Then about 6 months later we needed to use our fellowship hall for overflow and found out the output from our main board to that one was shot....  fortunately our damage didn't add up near as much as yours.  On a good note, APC stood behind their UPS and replace it under warranty as well as providing some compensation for the PC.  It took a little bit to navigate their claims process but in the end I felt they stood behind their product.

I'm curious about your video setup as ours is in need of an upgrade, currently using an apple tv to broadcast over to our fellowship hall.  I'd like a permanent camera that can both record to our PC and stream both audio and video to the fellowship hall.  Wireless network is in place but getting wire over there would be a challenge.  Are your projectors direct connect with HDMI cable or are you using something else to get the video signal there?  Also, what kind of camera are you using?  

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)