AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

I can't imagine (losing a child)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jbatmick
Posted 9/15/2020 11:34 (#8496979 - in reply to #8496692)
Subject: RE: I can't imagine (losing a child)

Hastings, Florida

3 years ago today, I saw my son for the last time.It was dark, I had helped him with a new portable generator, it was right after a hurricane and his power was out. We briefly spoke of his drug habit, but no promises did he make. He was trying, and I had done everything we could to help him.I spent a small fortune trying to get him straight, but he would not stay on any help program very long.He was almost 38 years old, started as a teen-ager with pot, made more $$$ per year than I ever made. He was a brilliant computer guy.
As I drove off, he was standing in front of my pick-up watching me leave, I had no idea it was the last time I would see him alive. He did e- mail me next day asking for some cash to be sent to him.I sent it Western Union, but he never picked it up.Thought he was doing better at quitting than what I later found out.

3 mornings later, my first wife's secretary called me, said my ex had found him in his bed at his house, dead from an OD. No real surprise as to manner of death.

It hurts, doesn't get easier, but we learn to live with it. Some days are better than others.

Thanks for letting me think out loud a little, just not a good time right now.This helps.

Edited by Jbatmick 9/15/2020 12:37
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)