AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How do delete older years info from an old AgLeader Insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 9/8/2020 06:30 (#8482249 - in reply to #8481739)
Subject: RE: How do delete older years info from an old AgLeader Insight

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
There are several levels of "cleaning house" with the Insight. You chose the more "severe" method which pretty well clears out everything. That method would only be used in more severe problem cases. That is why it has the yellow caution box around it.

If you sold your Insight to someone else you might use that so that all your data, setups, field names etc. are deleted so the next guy can start from scratch.

As the previous post suggests you will want to delete some or all of the former years of data. I typically keep last years but really haven't had the need to reuse it. This will keep your configurations for the combine and planter settings etc and the field names.

It is wise to do a backup prior to any of these "housekeeping" steps. As you learned, then you can at least do a restore and get back to where you were.

The previous post is also correct about housekeeping on your memory card. This can be done with the Insight or on a computer. I don't believe there should be any problem in deleting the "old" files including the zip files. Making copies to the computer hard drive is a good idea. If I do this, I make a new folder on the computer with a special name such as "Insight as of Fall 2020". That way if I ever need those files I can locate them.

Edited by tedbear 9/8/2020 06:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)