AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tsla
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

KenM
Posted 9/2/2020 19:26 (#8472643 - in reply to #8472244)
Subject: RE: Tsla

I call TSLA a "widow maker"... Some stocks are just "bad shorts". I basically put TSLA in that camp. And I haven't ruled out the possibility it's some sort of a self fulfilling prophecy. Musk is a "near genius" and he effectively has 400b in capital at his disposal. I mean think of what he could exchange those shares for? Lithium mines? Defunct real estate for new plants? The most talented engineers in the world? Shorting is a hard hard game and very intelligent people can get it very wrong. How long has Jim Chanos been wrong on TSLA now? Hell I don't see why Musk doesn't just buy out GM or Ford to gain their capacity? Allegedly GM has a ton of value in their autonomous division alone. Elons overvalued shares could be used to acquire GMs autonomous driving division and shut the rest down. So it's just impossible to see how this plays out. And a huge chunk of the population wants Elon to win. See comment about about self fulfilling prophecy. You're probably right but its too hard. That is my wild hypothesis anyway... Goodluck Oh one other thing for anyone who reads this comment, the math on shorting is bad. You can make 100% (tops, without leverage) and your losses theoretically are infinite. So again, good luck!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)