AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Devine Intervention
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

deeretech14
Posted 8/30/2020 12:50 (#8466194 - in reply to #8465823)
Subject: RE: Devine Intervention

SW Ohio
Neighbor just has 2 baldies he's fattening. Calls couple months back, cows are out. Wife jumps on horseback tries to locate them, nothing. Get a call next day they are half mile up the road standing in a cornfield. Wife again jumps on horse and attempts to herd them to next neighbor's place to get them in a fence. Cows take off like a shot, find a way into the woods and they are gone. Get a call the next night at 2am, they are half mile the other way from home. Others trying to help spooked them before we could get there, lost in 150 acres of corn now. Next morning owner tracks them on foot into my back woods. They spend the night in there. Calls some folks that claimed to be able to round them up, worked the woods over really well, never could get them to flush out where they could rope them. Next morning we wake up they are on the outside of our fence, visiting with our cows. Wife tried to get them to come to a grain bucket, no dice. Later that evening I saw them at the opposite corner of our small pasture. I had a gate open all day, with a little feed left just inside for them. Next morning we wake up they are in the fence. Closed them in, put them on the trailer and home they went, to a much smaller more secure paddock! They were out 5 days
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)