AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Devine Intervention
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Jay NE Ohio
Posted 8/30/2020 12:18 (#8466146 - in reply to #8465823)
Subject: RE: Devine Intervention

northeastern Ohio
Glad to hear it all worked out!

A month ago I went to the barn to start milking. I could see 3 Hereford steers grazing my new alfalfa field. I have a neighbor about a 1/2 mile away that has Herefords. He did a count and was not missing any, but said he would come help me get them rounded up.

I took them down the lane and called my wife to open the gate. As soon as they got to the open gate, they decided to run into the corn field. One went west and the other two headed east. Called wife again to open barn door. It walked right in and we closed the gate.

Went to find the other two and found them in the alfalfa again. But they were flighty now and wouldn't let us direct them at all. I went to milk cows. Neighbor went home but called about 9 pm. Those two wild ones found their way to his pasture. He opened the gate and they went in with his herd.

We both made some calls and eventually the owner got word that someone had found his steers. They had been missing for a couple days and had traveled about 3 miles. He said someone opened the gate. Luckily the 3 steers were all he had.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)