AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 3020's, 4020's hard starting cold
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

NB4020
Posted 4/4/2009 23:43 (#669116 - in reply to #669064)
Subject: Re: JD 3020's, 4020's hard starting cold

Woodstock,New Brunswick.Canada
Catguy I wish I could remember more but that was more than 20 years ago.It was a lot of advance but it worked great for us ,used that tractor up until 5 years ago then traded it in on new skid steer .I used a pryometer on it and kept it down under 900 as there would be no problem blowing the motor if you stood on it. We always ran it around 300+ H.P. and about 1400 RPM in the fields with 25 ft.FC,6 bottom plow,9shank Glencoe ,etc. and used 4-5 gallons hour fuel.Never droped the RPMs more than 50RPM no mater what the hill,was nice to have the extra power around a wet hole.Had bigger injectors and turbo on it for pulling ,no end of power,could run in stock and super stock classes for a few years,one year pulled 22 times placed first 17was in the money other 5 times.Was a lot of fun running in C3-4 in 12,000lbs class,didn't take long to get the pryo up .I had no trouble with that tractor all the time I owned it,hated to see it go but didn't need it any more but if I ever win the lottery I would try to get it back .
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)