AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Hospital employee
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

FFJR
Posted 7/31/2020 13:23 (#8407111 - in reply to #8406701)
Subject: RE: Hospital employee

nc IA
Well, my wife works as a inpatient provider here. The hospital admin has been chasing it's tail all throughout - no one wants to make a decision until someone else at the state or higher level says so. Early on, when the first flareups were occurring they were weeks behind doing the most basic step of restricting visitors (which is done almost every year during the flu season.

problem is - now that this has gone on, what happens is you will get patients that come in for something else, and have no symptoms, then days later get a positive test result, so meanwhile the staff has been using the minimum level of PPE, as the limited supply of N-95s / gowns etc is reserved for the known cases.

You also have cases of staff being infected, not knowing for a few days- and interacting with other staff in cramped work spaces.

Another issue - they're on such a heavy cleaning and disinfectant schedule now, that the residual levels of whatever they are using now overnight in the office spaces are causing tingling of fingers etc the next day as staff are using the keyboard / equipment.

Face shields are a real pain for close technical work, distorting vision and bumping into patients.

We figure it's only a matter of time before she gets it and I do too. Which is probably less then ideal given my lung removal tumor surgery 6 weeks ago.

That said, we take what reasonable precautions we can, but I still live my life and move on without trying to exist in a bubble / space suit.

Edit- now the staff is to take their own temperature... no one else checks them, the door checks are only for non-employees, and some postive cases have been told by management to come back early - as they are essential and the 14 day wait doesn't apply, only need to be symptom free....... There is a serious hush hush quiet concern about the level of staffing available for actual patient providers.

Edited by FFJR 7/31/2020 13:26
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)