AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

InSight ?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/4/2009 11:53 (#668512 - in reply to #667999)
Subject: RE: InSight ?

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.

Under the switch diag. page, what is E2?  I have found it says "foot box". 

E2 is an optional switch input as are E3, E4 and others.

Just this morning I made a remote master for a customer. Esentially I made a Brown Tee consisting of a male brown connector that plugs into the AIM module. The brown connector that used to go to the AIM is plugged into a Brown Receptacle of the Tee. The necessary wires go straight through to their respective pins but the power, switch detect and E2 branch to the outside world.

A SPDT switch can be used as a remote (either a Dimmer type switch or Toggle type). Due to the switch presence routine that is used with the Insight, the switch arrangement is a bit more complicated. Using a SPDT that switches E2 to Power or Switch Presence wire will do the trick. The Switch Presence routine checks for the "presence" of a switch about every 15 seconds. The system will not pay attention to the switch setting unless it "feels" is present.

In order to get the system to respond to this new Master and not the original Master, the Auxiliary Input settings page must be changed. To work with this page, go to Setup and highlight a configuration. In the lower right hand corner of the screen you will see an Auxiliary Input Settings Page. On top of this page you will likely see a Box indicating the current master. Push the down arrow key and select E2. From then on the system will be watching E2 as the Master and not pay attention to the old Master. It only looks at one Master at any given time.

I mentioned earlier how I made a wireless remote for my own 4720 that uses E2, E3 and E4. The wireless remote allows me to activate E3 and E4 by pushing Button 1 or Button 2. I changed the "Spray Tip Check" configuration so that Booms 1,2,3 are associated with E3 and Booms 4 & 5 are associated with E4. E2 is the Master in this case and is wired ON at all times. This allows me to get out and activate sections to check for tip problems, leaks, etc.

Edited by tedbear 4/4/2009 23:02

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)