AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Where to buy Trimble 500
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

zupar
Posted 4/4/2009 15:15 (#668634 - in reply to #668505)
Subject: Re: Where to buy Trimble 500

That is right but, Not not much of a businessman comes out the way it was said. If I buy used equipment at an auction my dealer which I occasionally buy parts from and handles some big services jobs which may be a decade apart, would gladly answer my questions about my new acquisition. If a service man sees me buying a part and knows a trick to installing it, I know that trick within seconds without even asking. If I ask my vet what over counter anti-biotic to give I cow I don't get a bill. The agronomist at the one crop services company I sometime use will give out advice, when I'm using another company's products. Is it fair, maybe not, but it is good business, it is being part of a community (something I fear is being lost by your attitude as well as those seeking a small bargain), is it always an equal two way street no, are their other customers supplementing that cost yes. If me and my neighbor both buy a baler for the same price and the dealer spends 2 hours explaining to one of us how to run it is the other guy is supplementing the cost yes, is it fair no. If my new baler breaks down and I loose two days I eat that cost is it fair no. If you sent me a bill for something I already paid, I spend 2 hours looking up the receipts and checks, to show them to you, do you pay me for that time, is it fair no. The city charges my mom the same amount for garbage and sewer as the neighbor with 6 kids is it fair no. Why do we pay the policeman's, the teacher's, the indigents, your insurance, and all of our own. Customers and Dealers have long and short term value to each other. Customers have value to each other and supplement costs of other customers and vise a versa, collateral gain instead of loss. Aligning costs with revenue when lots of overhead is involved doesn't happen. If you don't create and display your value to customers short term, long term you both loose. If customers collectively don't see the value maybe its not worth what you think it is, regardless of what the accountant and you say. Business can receive value short and long term that directly doesn't involve dollars, (The coffee shop talk will out value the radio add you paid for.)just as they give value that doesn't involve dollars. Very few if any people expect them to give unlimited value away but some ,yes, primarily value that dosn't have direct cost. Some of that comes back two fold and some other customers carry the cost of thats how everything works. Fiquire out how to balance it all out then your a businessman.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)