AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Cih 8575 knots hanging up on bill hook issue
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

jessbob1
Posted 7/11/2020 06:51 (#8366589)
Subject: Cih 8575 knots hanging up on bill hook issue

NWWI
I have a issue with the knots hanging up on the bill hook. 1st knot is ok second knot will tie and it hangs onto bill hook, most of the time the entire length of the bale until it trips to tie again and as soon as the needle will move the knot will release. Looking at the baler as the come out I have 2 knots within 4-6" of each other at plunger end of bale. If I start to push baler a little the twine will break because it is still in bill hook yet.the knotter big gear has been rewelded at the 2 lobes for knife arm, all 4 bill hooks replaced and knife arm adjusted to sweep knot. Twine disc trimming seems ok. Most knife arms are within 10,000 bales of each other. All tensioners for slacker arms top and bottom are loose and free and routed correctly. Could I have too much twine tension that is causing them to tighten up on bill hooks ?
Baler has around 80,000 bales through it. This problem slowly came on and is full a full on problem know. Some times in a great while the knot will get pulled off bill hook during bale formation and all is fine till next cycle. Tia
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)