AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tank screens on heavy trucks?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Offroadnt
Posted 7/11/2020 22:46 (#8368242 - in reply to #8368056)
Subject: RE: Tank screens on heavy trucks?

Southern Alberta Canada
That Cat is sounding pretty serious, does it burn oil? If it's smoking you must have a failed injector or injector Oring or something, the ECM shouldn't let it smoke. We had a 2000 466 start acting up, pulled the head and three pistons were melted down. It looked like possibly the injectors were leaking and/or shooting odd patterns. I can't remember the symptoms now but it always had problems until the last year after we rebuilt it again, then we lost it in a shop fire.

I had a brand new 1996 N14 plus do that the first winter I had it. I was hauling a load of barley, it was about - 35C. I'd travelled empty 2hrs to load then I was about an hour into the loaded leg when I noticed it would only rev to 1800rpm then as the trip progressed to two then 2.5hrs it would only rev to 1400 then 1200rpm. It would pull full power to that speed and then act like it was at governed speed. By then I made it to a dealership, I figured may as well change the fuel filter and add fuel conditioner and see what happens. Truck ran perfect after that so maybe your right with fuel starvation? I'm pretty sure the M11 has an intake screen before the fuel control manifold, it's also possible the shutoff solenoid could be acting up. I've had a few glitches with them over the years. That truck only has one fuel filter correct?

I'd say Cat Electronic Technition should work on the GM?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)