AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Written by a LEO I know, great guy, a blunt to the point, reason
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

tooth and nail
Posted 7/3/2020 07:53 (#8351137)
Subject: Written by a LEO I know, great guy, a blunt to the point, reason

There is no "systemic" racism in LE and why
This is my experience, in my region of the country. This is not just my old PD, this is my knowledge and experience being employed by two different police agencies.

In addition, my old SWAT team was regional so I had very close associations with those organizations, the officers and their culture. Last has been my experience and long history being an instructor for officers all over PNW, and the small exposure I’ve had on a National level since retiring and teaching.

There is no deep rooted, systemic racism in Law Enforcement in this country. It is more likely than not that racism exists in LE, but for those sonsabitches that are, they damn sure don’t expose themselves or have weekly meetings.

Please, without emotion, pride or prejudice consider what I’m saying for one minute and give an honest assessment.

This may, or may not, be the exact order of hiring, but in this region of the country to get the job, the following things occur.

Written background statement and oral board are first steps. While a small exposure to the person, you would be surprised what MFers will tell you. This is first easy step to get rid of knuckleheads.

Background investigation. I did this for a number of years. The candidate provides a minimum of 5 references. I wouid contact each of those people, and then ask them who else might know something about the candidate. So forth and so on. This was in addition to their Co-workers and those co-workers also telling me names to check with.

I would also drive by their house, check out their cars for bumper stickers and ****, and talk to their neighbors. Obviously criminal records, credit, driving history and so forth would also get pulled.

At this point, automatic disqualifiers include History of Murder, Domestic Violence and ANY HINT OF RACISM AT ALL. Buh-bye, we hate you.

Polygraph- by no means perfect, but one more hurdle. Like it or not, any issue here and you just don’t get the job. Sorry man. I know, you were honest and it’s not fair. Buh-bye.

Psych Evaluation - Doc says you’re a fruit loop, Buh-bye.

Here’s a Blowers fun fact. At the time I did the Psych, the shrink gave you a letter grade, A-F. The lowest grade you could get, and pass, is C-. Years later I was checking my personnel file and that MoFo gave me a goddamn C-!! He also said **** like “Candidate hates authority”, “Candidate does what he wants”, “Candidate doesn’t give a **** what others think of him.” At first I was like, “**** that dude”, but then I was all like, “You got me dawg”. It also said I had a strong sense of duty, honor and doing the right thing regardless of consequence. In my case, I think that **** was accurate.

So now you’re hired. And while this system is not perfect, which would allow some dirty rotten racist ****bag to slip through, the MAJORITY have passed muster.

So the racist dude exposes himself in some way. Do you really think that the MAJORITY would do nothing? My family tree consists of Hispanic, Asian, Black, White and a Redhead. I would beat your racist ass, and then report you faster than you can shake a stick at a Swastika.

As a supervisor, if an officer came to me and reported racism, that **** would get rung up the chain of command for internal Investigstion and ultimately termination. Buh-Mother****in-Bye! We HATE you! My suggestion that good
Cops beat the hell out of racist cop asses and then stand in a circle and piss our Good Cop piss on them was rejected by the Chief of Police. Lame.

I conducted an investigation on a bad cop who was a doper, was providing intel to a drug dealer and then provided the drug dealer woth a stolen pistol he
Recovered on a different call. BYE and **** YOU!

I was in a unit with a crazy MFer who arrested a lady for DV and then accepted a BJ from her while she was in his custody. BYE and also **** YOU!

In 26 years, I never heard about or saw any racist based activity, language or any action that caused me to report a person to the chain of command. And I damn sure would have. But that’s MY experience as a white dude. At the start of this ****, I asked two dudes I respect if they had experienced or seen racism in their careers. Both have been employed by multiple agencies and both happen to be black. They both said No.

I have no doubt there are racists in LE. I have no doubt there are racists in all places of business in America. But I believe that deep racism in LE does not exist because the MAJORITY abhors unfair treatment of anyone for any reason.

So go ahead Racist Guy. Pop your head up and watch me whack-a-mole with 22 ounces of lead filled West Virginia curly maple. Because I ****ing hate you.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)