AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

If you have any LG apliances.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Jason_WI
Posted 6/29/2020 18:38 (#8343834 - in reply to #8343036)
Subject: RE: If you have any LG apliances.

NE WI
They are all junk now. My moms 13 year old GE Profile french door fridge died last week. They went to look at new ones and I googled the model numbers for reviews. Nothing but horror stories in the reviews showing 3 month old $3000 refrigerators dead for a month waiting for parts or a service tech to come out. Pick a brand and it was all the same. JUNK.

I ended up gambling and ordered a new pump controller to fix her old fridge. My dad said the compressor was too hot to touch. I told him to unplug it and move the stuff to a spare fridge.

All this new energy star crap uses under sized compressors that are 3 phase and they use a single phase to 3 phase VFD to control the speed of the compressor. The turbo button just drives the compressor at 100% duty cycle but being undersized doesn't cool much faster anyway.

The controller must have lost a phase and turned the compressor into a 1000W heater. I wasn't home to ohm out the phases on the compressor so I gambled on a $145 part fixing it. This will be the 3rd motor controller now for this GE pile. The first time it died it was 3 days out of warranty and GE told us to pound sand. The super genius engineers heat sink the phase driver IGBTs to a plastic case. Yes, plastic!!! Apparently aluminum is unobtanium in Brazil where this crap is made.

Designed to fail. We as consumers need to get legislation set in place to demand reliable products otherwise this cycle of junk will continue. How can it be energy star if it dies in 3 years and is tossed in the junk? I guess it didn't use any energy or resources to make it *******

GE sold out their appliance line to Haier in China. GE is nothing but a name placed on a polished turd.

So far this GE profile has cost over $800 in just parts to keep running over the years it has been owned. I can't imagine the cost of the labor if my mom actually used a service center to fix it.

3 motor controllers

1 main system board

2 water valve solenoids

Probably 3-4 weeks of down time waiting for parts.

Keep those old IH fridges.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)