AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Adding N with fungicide trip?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

rusted
Posted 6/27/2020 22:00 (#8340227)
Subject: Adding N with fungicide trip?

My earliest corn has tasseled, the rest won't be far behind and I'm planning a fungicide trip as we have good moisture and the forecast is calling for more rain so conditions for disease are favorable. I'm a little concerned I don't have enough N on for the potential the crop is showing. 2 units in furrow, 28 units dribbled off both sides of the row at planting. Sidedressed 40 gallons 28-0-0-5 with NBPT about a month+ ago for a total of 150 units for the crop.

I will use my SP sprayer, and can run 20-25 gpa carrier if needed for canopy penetration and coverage.

Yields have run anywhere from 90-170s over the last 10 yrs, all depends on heat and moisture. I'd like to break into the 180-200 range on this crop if possible. In talking to some neighbors they are all running 200 units plus to get there.

How much 28-0-0-5 could I safely run with my carrier? What about timing? I like to run fungicide at brown silk to help protect against Southern Rust outbreaks late in the season. Would that be too late for N to be of benefit?

Location NE Alabama, sandy loams, most CECs in the 3-5 range, but do have some ground in a limestone valley with silt loams running as high as 8 CECs.

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Edited by rusted 6/27/2020 23:15
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)