AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for Ron that has the Insight in a jd 8000 autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/9/2006 16:42 (#59667 - in reply to #59637)
Subject: RE: ? for Ron that has the Insight in a jd 8000 autosteer

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
I'm not Ron but I have an Insight with Autopilot in my 8120 as Ron does. I am using a Trimble 332 for GPS in that tractor.

Besides the hardware, the Insight needs a one time unlock code for the autopilot to function. The retail price of this unlock code is $750.

In my case I am using Omnistar XP for improved correction (better than the free WAAS correction) there is a higher performance version called HP. I believe the price for XP was $800 for one year, HP is higher priced.

Because my 8120 was not AutoTrac Ready I had to purchase the additional steering valves. Had my tractor been Auto Trac Ready, I could have saved some money by utilizing the Auto Trac Ready valves from Deere.

I use my Insight in three different tractors as well as the combine at Harvest. It is used for Manure application, NH3 application, Spraying, Monitoring starter fertilizer on the corn planter. steering and of course harvesting.

There are a few days when I actually could use a second Insight since ocassionally two of these operations are being done at the same time.

Concerning the Raven, I believe the Deere system can work with a Raven controller but I have no experience with that combination of equipment.

Edited by tedbear 11/9/2006 19:59
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)