AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

? for Ron that has the Insight in a jd 8000 autosteer
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 11/10/2006 07:19 (#59887 - in reply to #59864)
Subject: RE: Let's go apples to apples here first.....

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
Chad's breakdown is pretty much correct for the Ag Leader situation in my recollection. It seems that there are extra charges at many points.

Since I had some of the equipment already (Insight) my cost at the time of Autopilot installation was less but of course, I had paid for this earlier.

Chad indicates the Insight with autoswath price. For Autosteer you would need the Insight wth the Autopilot unlock. If you were going to an application situation and wanted the booms to shut off automatically then you would be involved with the autoswath unlock. The total is still correct however since each unlock is $750.

Due to my situation (association with a dealer and existing equipment), I did not price the Deere counterpart. It appears that the Deere total is pretty much in the same ballpark. The fact that they both total up fairly close to the same is probably more than coincidence. I sure company people have "done the math" when they determine these prices.

Concerning the steering valve, in my case (not autotrac ready) the additional steering valve is "teed" into the steering lines. This means that when the autopilot is active, the new valve is doing the job. When I disengage and turn the wheel, the original valve is used. I believe in the Deere installation the original valve would be removed and replaced with the Deere autotrac valve. The autotrac valve then handles both the autopilot and manual situations.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)