AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

My John Deere to SMS
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

deepwater
Posted 6/14/2020 10:55 (#8314590 - in reply to #8305116)
Subject: RE: My John Deere to SMS

I work with a few guys that run JD and its a pain to import the data to SMS. It takes a lot of time.

My closest neighbour just exports the data(Harvest data from his S780) to Agfiniti from Operation Centre (You link your Agfiniti account to your Operation Centre account) and then reads it into SMS via the read from Agfiniti option or syncing. That's the easiest and fastest, no problems.

Here is the route I go to import Gen 4 Data from USB sticks. (From the knowledge base)

John Deere Gen 4 Data Import Errors
Summary
The structure of John Deere Gen 4 Data can sometimes cause errors when reading into SMS software. A workaround for processing .jdl monitor files is provided.
Details
Monitor files
In some instances, users may run into the following. When reading in a large amount of John Deere Gen4 data, SMS will attempt to gather file information for a long period of time and then give a file processing error without reading in any data. To get around this, users will need to break the larger folder structures into smaller amounts of data that SMS can handle. Instructions on how to do this are listed below.

Create a “JD-Data” folder on your desktop

Create and place a “log” folder inside of the “JD-Data” folder

Open the “JD-Data” and “log” folder that was exported from your display

Select and Copy small portions of the folders within the “log” folder and paste them into the “log” folder you created.

Within SMS, select Read Files and choose the John Deere Gen 4 Displays option. Using the search a folder or directory option, select the JD-Data folder that you created and click ok

Once that data is read in, delete the folders you pasted under the “log” folder you created and return to step 4 until all data has been processed in SMS
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)