AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 8300 step upgrade #1 (pics data warning)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Detroit
Posted 5/29/2020 18:49 (#8287942 - in reply to #8287731)
Subject: RE: JD 8300 step upgrade #1 (pics data warning)

Crawfordsville, Arkansas
Von WC Ohio - 5/29/2020 15:37

Well I try not too

I also bought the European rubber bottom step mounts from a later tractor but did not care for the less rigid step and the positioning of that bottom tread.

I may not always need this lowest step but the others are still an improvement from what was there before.

Appreciate the heads up on bending potential so will have to be aware when working tile lines down or muddy conditions which I really try to avoid at all costs.

I'd have probably 1500 acres left this year to work if I hadn't played in the mud for the last few weeks. Some old rice ground that was stubble rolled and had water held on it all winter was the worst by far. Ended up with a 16' 3-point chisel plow being the only thing that would work it without getting buried. Got a 9330 and a Kelly stuck so bad we had to unhook it and pull tractor out with a dozer then pull the Kelly out sideways with the dozer.. At one point about 3 weeks ago I had that 9330 stuck and also a 8310R with an air seeder stuck at the same time about 1000 feet apart. Had a Deere mechanic come out to do some work on the 9330 and he got his service truck stuck also. Dozer was the only thing that would go and we almost got it stuck at one point.

I wish I didn't have to deal with mud but it is what it is.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)