AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tyler patriot XL help please
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

West AL
Posted 5/23/2020 20:47 (#8276015 - in reply to #8275700)
Subject: RE: Tyler patriot XL help please

Had almost same thing happen on 98 case 3185 a year or so ago, except it was intermittent.
Couple things to check before you start worrying with hydrostats and wheel motors.

Try holding down the traction assist button in the center of the floor board (if your tyler has it) while you are moving. This bypasses the valves that control flow to the front and rear wheels and allows oil to flow to all wheels motors. If your speed improves you most likely have a bad shift coil pack, a bad shift switch, or shift relay. Even if your speed does not improve I would still check these things.

The shift coil packs are located in the valve block under the hydraulic oil tank. There should be 3 of them. One is for the traction assist. The other 2 are for HI, LO, & Med. I can't remember this exactly, but I think one has power for HI, the other for LO, and both are powered for Med or maybe both powered for HI, and one for Med, and the other for LO. You can check them with a screwdriver as they are magnetized when powered. You can also switch the plugs on them to see if it makes a difference. If you do end up replacing them they are a pain to get off as the head of one of the hydro filters are in the way.

You could also have a bad relay or circuit breaker inside the panel on right side of cab. Seems like this ended up being my problem, but was difficult to diagnose since it was intermittent.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)