AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Auto steer problem agleader insight
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

rhl
Posted 5/22/2020 22:01 (#8274301)
Subject: Auto steer problem agleader insight

Hello all. I need some help with an auto steer problem. I have a case 4420 sprayer running an agleader insight for steering and product control. It's using the Trimble valve and steering angle sensor Took the machine out this spring after being in barn during the winter. Everything seemed fine. Filled the tank and went to the field and set up an AB line. Pushed the auto steer engage button and the machine dove away from the line. It would weave right .and left and finally the auto steer would kick out. Some times it would go left, sometimes right. It would not give a fault code.

Was told to replace the steering valve. Tried to push the ends of the valves to get the wheels to slew left or right. I couldn't get the valves to move to slew the wheels either way. So I replaced the steering valve feeling sure that was the issue. I had replaced the wheel angle sensor several years ago so I figured it might be time. No luck. Machine does the exact same thing. So....we hooked up the laptop with APToolbox and ran some diagnostics. Everything checked out ok, wheel angle sensor was functioning correctly. Changed the gain values and still no luck.

It finally threw a #85 "valve short slew detected" fault. So, after a $900 steering valve, and running what diagnostics we could, which wasn't a whole lot, we are no further along. No dealers in my area. Heck, no dealers within 250 miles of us. Anybody have any idea what to try or check next? Thanks in advance for any assistance. Hope everyone has a safe planting season.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)