AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef imports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

dabeegmon
Posted 5/23/2020 05:56 (#8274578 - in reply to #8273288)
Subject: RE: Beef imports

SE Manitoba
IowaCowman3D - 5/22/2020 10:38

The US cow calf producer will never be the lowest cost producer.We just have higher production cots due to many reasons which I'm sure your aware of. There is not a business model in the world that allows anyone who is not the lowest cost producer to survive if they can't label their product. The US cow calf producer will go out of business because of the shortsightedness of the people that think the only thing we need to do is provide cheap ground beef. I want to make it clear i am not opposed to importing. I am opposed that it's not labeled. When all things are equal the low cost provider will always win out. Without mandatory COOL all things become equal. I am also forced to pay 1$ per head and you wont let me differentiate my product from my foreign competitor? It should be unconstitutional that i am forced to pay a tax to support my competitor? It is absolutely tax without representation and without transparency. As producers we have watched our share of the retail dollar go down but yet we have to read about how well the checkoff is doing for us. Was our share going to go to zero if we didn't have the checkoff? I don't think anyone will argue we are not better off today than were were before the checkoff started.

Well - - - - you might not be any better off since the checkoff started, but - - - - - think of all those folks that you've helped have a wonderful career with such a nice salary and benefits package - - - - doesn't that make you feel all warm and fuzzy? (sarcasm off)

Me - - - - as long as the lowest price is always the most important factor - - - - well its almost impossible to win.
I like to live decent but I'm not prepared to work for only one small and one a little bit larger bowls of food a day and live in a 2 room space of under 400 ft2 with the toilet and the bathroom at the end of the hall (if not down one or two floors).
So maybe because I just can't be a low cost producer I should never produce anything.
Except - - - - if one thought about it - - - - and I didn't have to feed so many useless bureaucrats before I can feed myself - - - - maybe I would be a much lower cost producer - - - - whatcha think?
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)