AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Beef imports
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

IowaCowman3D
Posted 5/22/2020 10:38 (#8273288 - in reply to #8273250)
Subject: RE: Beef imports

East Central Ia
The US cow calf producer will never be the lowest cost producer.We just have higher production cots due to many reasons which I'm sure your aware of. There is not a business model in the world that allows anyone who is not the lowest cost producer to survive if they can't label their product. The US cow calf producer will go out of business because of the shortsightedness of the people that think the only thing we need to do is provide cheap ground beef. I want to make it clear i am not opposed to importing. I am opposed that it's not labeled. When all things are equal the low cost provider will always win out. Without mandatory COOL all things become equal. I am also forced to pay 1$ per head and you wont let me differentiate my product from my foreign competitor? It should be unconstitutional that i am forced to pay a tax to support my competitor? It is absolutely tax without representation and without transparency. As producers we have watched our share of the retail dollar go down but yet we have to read about how well the checkoff is doing for us. Was our share going to go to zero if we didn't have the checkoff? I don't think anyone will argue we are not better off today than were were before the checkoff started.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)