AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lift Stations
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

dondozer
Posted 5/22/2020 08:39 (#8273079 - in reply to #8272340)
Subject: RE: Lift Stations

NW Ohio,near Findlay
Greenup, we go to Lake Erie some and along Route 2 near Port Clinton, about all farms have lift station. I am no expert on this, but in that area, the ground water is so high due to the lake level so high, the lift stations never get the water off quick enough. I always wanted to ask them what it cost to run the pumps for months. Up there they pump the lift stations into a ditch along the roads, then have a big auger pumps that are run by old junk tractors that pump the ditch into the river, channel, whatever they call it. Seems like a never ended task, water just returns to field and recyled again. Feel sorry for them, trying every year, seem to be the same hear too.
In my area around Findlay, there are some lift station, one just down the road. It is just a round sewer manhole, comes in 4 foot high sections, made in Bluffton, Oh. The bottom section has a concrete bottom and just stack rings up to the required height. I have helped install them where I worked, just a big excavator for depth and lifting sections, top section for cover. We just set them, tile contractor would come and determine the tile inlet height, and he would dig out and a firm in Carey would core drill the section, install a boot and done. Do not know about pumps, but have a name of the land owner if wanted. He installed the pump with his manpower, big farmer. Yes, it made the farm after it was tiled, was a wet hole before.

Edited by dondozer 5/22/2020 08:43
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)