AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tell me why "Honey"
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

John Burns
Posted 5/9/2020 06:20 (#8244683 - in reply to #8244593)
Subject: how many teaspoons

Pittsburg, Kansas

I have heard multiple doctors say that we only have about the equivalent of one teaspoon of sugar circulating in our blood at any time. Anything more than that consumed has to be dealt with and changed into some other form that will not cause harm by raising blood levels too high (most that is not needed for immediate energy gets stored as fat if insulin levels are high). That kind of puts it into perspective when a person starts considering how many teaspoons of sugar are in common foods like a slice of bread.

https://davidduke.com/how-many-teaspoons-of-sugar-in-two-thin-slices-of-whole-wheat-bread/

"How many teaspoons of sugar are in two thin slices of supposedly healthy whole grain bread?

Hold onto your hat. Ten (10) teaspoons of sugar.

Now how many teaspoons of sugar are in that very sweet tasting snickers bar?

8.5 teaspoons of sugar."

I used to love Snickers bars but knew they were bad for me. But once in a great while I would have one (if I was in a store and felt my blood sugar going low that was a go to solution). Check my sugar level and it would not be as bad as I expected. Well once a person considers how much "sugar" is in two slices of bread, no wonder the sugar spike in my blood for a Snickers bar was no worse than eating a sandwich. That is the thing about knowledge. Once a person understands something the pieces start falling into place about why things happen. Once I actually understood my diabetes starting about 14 or 15 months ago, it became much easier to manage. I thought I knew about it pretty well before that time (I had learned to manage my insulin injections over many years). But I did not understand the root cause of the diabetes (consumption of excess carbohydrates and eating too often over a long period of time causing insulin resistance). Once I understood the root cause of the disease, I was able to reverse the disease. Knowledge is power. Or at least once the knowledge is applied it becomes powerful.

How many teaspoons of sugar...

John

Edited by John Burns 5/9/2020 06:33
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)