AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Copier
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

martin
Posted 3/26/2009 07:55 (#657117 - in reply to #657091)
Subject: RE: Copier

You might want to be more specific as to what your needs are.  how much do you use your copier?  Do you want a laser or inkjet ? Black & white or color?

Black and white lasers are relatively inexpensive. Color lasers are a bit more expensive, although they have come down in price.

Color Inkjets are inexpensive, but the ink is where you spend the dollars.

I have a B&W Sharp laser printer/copier/scanner. (It does not fax.) Model AL 1540CS, so it is getting so age to it. (bought it in 2003, I believe.) This is my main printer/copier.

I recently bought a Brother MFC-5890CN inkjet - color printer/copier/fax/scanner. With it, I replaced an HP Deskjet printer. The Brother was recently on sale, for about 1/3 off, and I thought I would like to be able to make color copies, so I bought it.  I decided to go with a Brother, rather than another HP, because the colors on the separate, whereas the colors in the HP are in one unit. I am thinking this might be a more efficient use of ink.  I will see. I bought the model 5890 because it will use the high capacity ink cartridges. Some of the other Brother models do not use the high capacity ink cartridges. I don't know if my thinking is right. It is too early to know.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)