AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

ag leader stmm getting power.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 4/4/2020 00:43 (#8162692 - in reply to #8162520)
Subject: Alternatives

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
The STTM needs high current power on the 2 pole gray Deutsch connector to power the module and the sensors. It can come from somewhere in the tractor. Worst come to worst you could cut off the connector and wire it to 12V and ground with some wire nuts. I don't really recommend this, don't cut the wires short. Leave as much as possible so this can be redone properly in the future. There's nothing special about this 12V as it is not switched or anything tricky. It does not need to "come out" of the Ag Leader harness since it is not connected to CAN or anything like that within the Ag Leader harness.

The STTM should have an implement switch when it is used alone like this. The proper way would be to run a pair of wires from Pins 10 & 12 or the Weather Pack connector on the implement stub to an implement switch on the planter. I guess in a pinch to get going, one could put a jumper in its place. I suspect the STTM will complain when it doesn't see any seed when turning around on the ends but maybe that's tolerable if you need to plant this weekend. This would result in extra acres also I assume but that's probably a minor point.

Edited by tedbear 4/4/2020 02:55
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)