AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming Raven 460
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/22/2009 14:36 (#652615 - in reply to #652501)
Subject: Re: Programming Raven 460

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CaseFarmer - 3/22/2009 11:34

I turned off data logger and then changed units from ft to seconds.... then hit trigger and hit one... baud rate was 9600 so i then went to data logger and turned it on..
still nothing... thanks for your help tho...

the 9 pin cable is going from the raven to the 9 pin on the bottom of the monitor..

the harness just gives the pro 600 power and i ran the gps to it... i guess thats the right way of doing it..

The cable that we use when doing this type of thing with an Ag Leader product is a special cable - not just a generic computer cable. This cable ties some pins together to complete the communication between the two devices. That may be part of your problem if you just used a generic cable. We need to get this special cable from Ag Leader.

With the Ag Leader/Raven combo - I use the following tests to confirm that communication is taking place. Changing the rate on the Ag Leader should cause the Raven to beep four times and the new rate should appear in the Raven Rate 1 register. If this happens communication is taking place in that direction at least. That is communication from the Ag Leader to the Raven is proven.

To check for commuinication the other way (from the Raven to the Ag Leader), I watch the width display on the Ag Leader. As I turn various combinations of boom switches and the Master switch ON/OFF, the Ag Leader should respond to these changes and show the corresponding width on its screen. If this also happens, then I can be quite certain that communication between the two boxes is happening in both directions.

There may be other issues involved in your situation that I am not familiar with.

Edited by tedbear 3/22/2009 14:39
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)