AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Programming Raven 460
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

tedbear
Posted 3/22/2009 10:34 (#652382 - in reply to #652264)
Subject: RE: Programming Raven 460

Near Intersection of I-35 & I-90 Southern Mn.
CaseFarmer - 3/22/2009 06:14

All settings are found under Data Menu -> Serial.
?? The “Data Direct” setting must be set to “Pass Data Through
Communications Port”
?? “Variable Rate Control” must be enabled.
?? Also unlike other controllers the “Trigger Units” and “Trigger Value”
have to be set before “Data Logger” can be turned on.

Those are some things i have to do for my raven 460 to work with a pro 600...

ive went to the data menu and looked around some.. Trigger value is on 1 and data logger is on...

These questions seem to refer to a Raven 4XXX console rather than a 460. Do you have a 460 or 4600? These are different Raven controllers.

I don't know about using a 460 with a Pro 600 but we have hooked up a 440/450/460 to Ag Leader products many times.

In those situations, there are four values that need to be set: BAUD=9600, Trigger = 1, Units = Sec and finally Datalogger = ON.

The two devices will communicate back and forth. The Ag Leader can send over a new target rate and the Raven will use that value for Rate 1. When a new rate is received the Raven will beep four times (unless this feature is disabled) to alert the operator that a new rate has been received.

The Raven will report what it is doing back to the other device (mapping/logging purposes) in between times.

The values of 9600 BAUD refer to the communication speed betweent the boxes. The Trigger of 1 second tells the Ravent to report back what it is doing every 1 second.

With an Insight (doesn't work with an EDGE) an Application Rate Module is needed. A serial cable is plugged into the Application Rate Module and attached to the other device. With some of the older Ag Leader products, it is possible to plug a serial cable (special one) into both devices more directly without the need of any special module.

Edited by tedbear 3/22/2009 10:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)